by: Valerie Sneller
• Pam Foster, Bob Dreke’s sister (coping with Huntington’s disease)
• Tanner Lincecum (pray that Tanner’s shunt will continue to work effectively)
• Lambert Van Olst (is currently in remission with leukemia)
• Karen De Noble, David De Noble’s mother (has been diagnosed with cancer; please pray for comfort as Karen goes through chemotherapy treatments)
• Thomas Bouwman, Tom & Sheryl Bouwman’s son (continues to make progress in physical therapy)
• Anita Dieren (recovering from heart surgery at Sanford Medical Center in Sioux Falls)
• Bruce Hasche (had prostate surgery on May 20; now recovering at home)
• Lyle Kahl (waiting with chemotherapy & working on regaining strength)
• Greyson Austin (pray that Greyson’s medication, Humira, will continue to be effective for him)
• Caden Wright (was discharged from the hospital on July 16; continues to recover at home)
• Neil Vik, Karen & Bob Reemts’ brother (recovering from prostate surgery; will have radiation treatments)
• Sacia Vik, Karen & Bob Reemts’ sister-in-law (recovering from shoulder surgery)
• Sharon Pap (had eye surgery on July 15 in Minneapolis; is recovering at home)
*Your prayers are also requested for the following individuals who are coping with cancer: Melissa Moser (Kathy Moser’s daughter-in-law), Marilyn Kuyper (Ethanie Pulscher’s aunt; continues to be treated for cancer and is experiencing a lot of fatigue), Arlene Sterler, Robbie Korthals’ mother (Arlene’s cancer has moved to her lungs; pray for Arlene’s doctors to have wisdom as they care for her), Trish Lombard, Tara Bouwman’s mother (recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer), Vicki Van Houten, Judy Netten’s sister (Vicki has finished her chemotherapy treatment; she is now getting a preventive treatment that will finish in November), and Gail Hartter, Eric Hartter’s mother (has had a reoccurrence of cancer).
Thank you! We wish to say thank you to our church family for the many ways in which you touched our hearts these past weeks upon the death of Jeff’s dad, Raymond Schram of Sibley, IA. He passed away on July 4 at his farm home outside of Sibley. Even though we will miss dad and grandpa, we know he is now free from the cancer that was consuming his earthly body as well as health problems due to a weak heart. We want to say thank you to Pastor Dan, Sue, Fred and Sharon Tilstra, our care elders for all of their prayers, kindnesses and support shown to the family in our loss. Thank you for the many cards, gifts, memorials, phone calls, texts and food given to us during this time. We belong to a very caring church body and thoughtful community. ~ Jeff and Laureen Schram, Karlee, Travis, Jacob, and Lillian Nagel, Krista, Paul, Benjamin, and Elliot Tschetter
Today we will celebrate the sacrament of Holy Communion.
ADVANCE NOTICE: Our church is collecting Christian Literature for use in spreading God’s word throughout the world. A list of acceptable and unacceptable material is included in the August “Bridge” to be sure your donation can be used. The donation list is also posted above the collection boxes which will be under the south coat rack from August 1 – August 24. Thank you for sharing your unused Christian material.
The report from the Vision 2020 Committee has been released with their recommendations for how the Reformed Church should proceed into the future with its current conflicts. You can access it on the internet at https://www.rca.org/ or request a copy from the church office.
* Watch the website for additional updates and cancellations: rockrapidsfrc.org.
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES:
Bulletins are now provided. We ask that your give your offering as you exit so that the money is not laying exposed in the plates during the service. We will continue to usher people in and out.
The Task Force has agreed to open up and allow small groups to meet for Bible Studies, Circles and other meetings. Social distancing should still be practiced by keeping group gatherings to small numbers depending on the room. We are asking that you call the church office to reserve a room. The rooms available include 345, the Children’s Center, and 107. We also ask that the tables, chairs and door handles be wiped down with wipes provided in each room. Please limit where you go in the building.
The Search Committee has posted the church profile on the Reformed Church in America’s website. They are receiving applications which will be evaluated and discerned.
Offerings Sunday 7-19-20 Offerings to 7-19-20 Budget to 7-19-20
General Fund: $3,520.00 $175,259.90 $220,002.41
Benevolent Fund: $6,210.23 $92,711.51 $101,169.98
Building Fund: $250.00 $13,278.67 $45,786.65
*All events are subject to change
OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE WEEK
SUNDAY: Holy Communion
8:00 am Men’s Bible Study in 345