by: Valerie Sneller
- Pam Foster, Bob Dreke’s sister (coping with Huntington’s disease)
- Tanner Lincecum (pray that Tanner’s shunt will continue to work effectively)
- Lambert Van Olst (is currently in remission with leukemia)
- Karen De Noble, David De Noble’s mother (has been diagnosed with cancer; please pray for comfort as Karen goes through chemotherapy treatments)
- Thomas Bouwman, Tom & Sheryl Bouwman’s son (continues to make progress in physical therapy)
- Anita Dieren (heart surgery scheduled for July 20)
- Bruce Hasche (had prostate surgery on May 20; now recovering at home)
- Lyle Kahl (waiting with chemotherapy & working on regaining strength)
- Jack Axsom, Ashley Schwartze’s grandfather (see update below)
- Greyson Austin (pray that Greyson’s medication, Humira, will continue to be effective for him)
- Caden Wright (recovering from open heart surgery)
- Neil Vik, Karen & Bob Reemts’ brother (recovering from prostate surgery; will have radiation treatments)
- Sacia Vik, Karen & Bob Reemts’ sister-in-law (recovering from shoulder surgery)
- Paul Van Wyhe (recovering from recent shoulder surgery)
- Shelby Hunt (scheduled to have lymph node biopsy on July 9)
Prayer Update: Jack Axsom, Ashley Schwartze’s grandfather, is recovering well at home.
*Your prayers are also requested for the following individuals who are coping with cancer: Melissa Moser (Kathy Moser’s daughter-in-law), Marilyn Kuyper (Ethanie Pulscher’s aunt; continues to be treated for cancer and is experiencing a lot of fatigue), Arlene Sterler, Robbie Korthals’ mother (Arlene’s cancer has moved to her lungs; pray for Arlene’s doctors to have wisdom as they care for her), Trish Lombard, Tara Bouwman’s mother (recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer), Vicki Van Houten, Judy Netten’s sister (Vicki has finished her chemotherapy treatment; she is now getting a preventive treatment that will finish in November), and Gail Hartter, Eric Hartter’s mother (has had a reoccurrence of cancer).
Sympathy: We wish to extend our sympathy to Jeff & Laureen Schram and their family on the death of Jeff’s father, Ray Schram, on Saturday, July 4. Ray’s funeral was held last Thursday, July 9, at First Reformed Church in Sibley.
The report from the Vision 2020 Committee has been released with their recommendations for how the Reformed Church should proceed into the future with its current conflicts. You can access it on the internet at https://www.rca.org/ or request a copy from the church office.
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES:
Bulletins are now provided. We ask that your give your offering as you exit so that the money is not laying exposed in the plates during the service. We will continue to usher people in and out.
* Watch the website for additional updates and cancellations: rockrapidsfrc.org.
The Task Force has agreed to open up and allow small groups to meet for Bible Studies, Circles and other meetings. Social distancing should still be practiced by keeping group gatherings to small numbers depending on the room. We are asking that you call the church office to reserve a room. The rooms available include 345, the Children’s Center, and 107. We also ask that the tables, chairs and door handles be wiped down with wipes provided in each room. Please limit where you go in the building.
The Search Committee has posted the church profile on the Reformed Church in America’s website. They are receiving applications which will be evaluated and discerned.
We are setting out Bibles at the entrances to the sanctuary for those who wish to use one. HOWEVER, WE WANT TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO BRING YOUR OWN BIBLE TO WORSHIP FOR YOUR REFERENCE. This is a good habit for all of us to have.
Due to COVID-19 the Bible League International Christmas in July which was to be held on Monday July 27 has been CANCELLED. This is one of Northwest Iowa Division of BLI fund raisers so contributions would be greatly appreciated. Please send your contribution to Linda Visser at 105 4th St.S.W. Orange City, Iowa 52041
Offerings Sunday 7-5-20 Offerings to 7-5-20 Budget to 7-5-20
General Fund: $4,090.00 $164,589.90 $204,829.83
Benevolent Fund: $5,947.00 $86,301.28 $94,192.74
Building Fund: $0.00 $12,973.67 $42,628.95
*All events are subject to change
OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE WEEK
1:30 pm Mom Strong Bible Study with Amy (Youth Room)
8:00 am Men’s Bible Study in 345