by: Valerie Sneller
- Pam Foster, Bob Dreke’s sister (coping with Huntington’s disease)
- Tanner Lincecum (pray that Tanner’s shunt will continue to work effectively)
- Lambert Van Olst (is currently in remission with leukemia)
- Karen De Noble, David De Noble’s mother (has been diagnosed with cancer; please pray for comfort as Karen goes through chemotherapy treatments)
- Carol Groen (continues to be evaluated at Mayo Clinic regarding her lower back problems)
- Thomas Bouwman, Tom & Sheryl Bouwman’s son (continues to make progress in physical therapy)
- Ray Schram, Jeff Schram’s father (continues to battle cancer)
- Anita Dieren (postponing heart surgery so that Anita’s shoulder can fully heal)
- Bruce Hasche (had prostate surgery on May 20; now recovering at home)
- Lyle Kahl (is currently receiving chemotherapy)
- Jack Axsom, Ashley Schwartze’s grandfather (was discharged from the hospital and is recovering at home)
- Greyson Austin (pray that Greyson’s medication, Humira, will continue to be effective for him)
*Your prayers are also requested for the following individuals who are coping with cancer: Melissa Moser (Kathy Moser’s daughter-in-law), Marilyn Kuyper (Ethanie Pulscher’s aunt; continues to be treated for cancer and is experiencing a lot of fatigue), Arlene Sterler, Robbie Korthals’ mother (Arlene’s cancer has moved to her lungs; pray for Arlene’s doctors to have wisdom as they care for her), Trish Lombard, Tara Bouwman’s mother (recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer), and Vicki Van Houten, Judy Netten’s sister (Vicki has finished her chemotherapy treatment; she is now getting a preventive treatment that will finish in November).
To our congregation: Please pray for Caden Wright. Caden will be having open-heart surgery on Tuesday, June 30, at Children’s Hospital in Minneapolis, MN. Prayers are requested for Gail Hartter, Eric Hartter’s mother, as she has had a reoccurrence of cancer. Gail is going to Mayo Hospital in Rochester, MN for her chemotherapy treatment. Prayers are also requested for Neil Vik, brother of Karen & Bob Reemts. Neil recently had prostate surgery, and he will have radiation treatments into August. Neil’s wife Sacia is recovering from shoulder surgery. They live in the Seattle area.
Congratulations! to Kyle and Emily Grooters on the birth of their daughter, Ryleigh Grace, on June 20. Congratulations also to Mark and Katie Vanden Top on the birth of their son Lucas James, on June 14. We rejoice with you on these special blessings in your families!
Thank You: Thank you for the cards of encouragement, and a big thanks to my care elder, ReNae for the visit, cards and prayers. ~ Bruce Hasche
Attention Joy Circle Members: Mary and Darlene did a poll of the members of the Joy Circle and it was decided to cancel the circle meetings for the rest of 2020 and start back up in January of 2021. Thank you and stay safe.
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES:
Bulletins are now provided. We ask that your give your offering as you exit so that the money is not laying exposed in the plates during the service. We will continue to usher people in and out.
* Watch the website for additional updates and cancellations: rockrapidsfrc.org.
The Task Force has agreed to open up and allow small groups to meet for Bible Studies, Circles and other meetings. Social distancing should still be practiced by keeping group gatherings to small numbers depending on the room. We are asking that you call the church office to reserve a room. The rooms available include 345, the Children’s Center, and 107. We also ask that the tables, chairs and door handles be wiped down with wipes provided in each room. Please limit where you go in the building.
The Search Committee has posted the church profile on the Reformed Church in America’s website. They are receiving applications which will be evaluated and discerned.
This morning we are setting out Bibles at the entrances to the sanctuary for those who wish to use one. HOWEVER, WE WANT TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO BRING YOUR OWN BIBLE TO WORSHIP FOR YOUR REFERENCE. This is a good habit for all of us to have.
Offerings Sunday 6-21-20 Offerings to 6-21-20 Budget to 6-21-20
General Fund: $3,410.00 $147,597.90 $189,657.25
Benevolent Fund: $5,302.00 $80,304.28 $87,215.50
Building Fund: $1,140.00 $12,973.67 $39,471.25
*All events are subject to change
OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE WEEK
10:00 am Mom Strong Bible study with Amy (Youth Room)
8:00 am Men’s Bible Study in 345