by: Ashley Pena
Our Sympathies to Cheryl Hulstein and her extended family in the death of her step-father, George Vonk of Sioux Center, Iowa. Funeral arrangements are pending.
NOTE THE CHANGE: Our 18th Annual Community Thanksgiving Meal is set for Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2020. DUE TO COVID 19 recommendations this year will be DELIVERY ONLY. Please remember to call the Chamber (472-3456) or Church Office (472-3729) to order your meals. Check the gathering space for sign-up sheets for ways you and your family can help. Note: We still need pies, salads and coolers. DEADLINE TO SIGN UP FOR MEALS IS TODAY.
Thanksgiving Worship Service will be on Wednesday, November 25 at 6:30pm.
Prayer Updates: Gerald Postma’s pacemaker is functioning well, and he received a positive report on recent tests. Trish Lombard - Trish’s family asks for continued prayers as Trish’s chemotherapy options are finished. Pray for Trish and her family to experience God’s peace during the weeks ahead. Melissa Moser – had surgery in Iowa City on November 13. Please pray for recovery from surgery. Norm Vander Lee is hospitalized in Sioux Falls with Covid and pneumonia. He has moved out of ICU into the Covid Unit at Avera.
- Pam Foster, Bob Dreke’s sister (coping with Huntington’s disease)
- Tanner Lincecum (pray that Tanner’s shunt will continue to work effectively)
- Thomas Bouwman, Tom & Sheryl Bouwman’s son (continues to make progress in physical therapy)
- Greyson Austin (family asks for prayers while waiting for a second surgery in the future)
- Caden Wright (please pray for Caden to remain healthy as he attends school)
- Chuck Hoekstra (pray for healing and recovery from recent back surgery)
- Jayme Van Wyhe (had double hip surgery on October 6; pray for healing & recovery)
*Your prayers are also requested for the following individuals who are coping with cancer: Marilyn Kuyper (Ethanie Pulscher’s aunt; recent tests showed that Marilyn’s cancer has grown a small amount; treatment now includes a new type of drug). Karen De Noble (David De Noble’s mother, please pray for comfort as Karen goes through chemotherapy treatments) Arlene Sterler, (Robbie Korthals’ mother, Arlene’s cancer has moved to her lungs; pray for Arlene’s doctors to have wisdom as they care for her), Vicki Van Houten(Judy Netten’s sister, Vicki has finished her chemotherapy treatment; she is now getting a preventive treatment that will finish in November), and Gail Hartter (Eric Hartter’s mother, has had a reoccurrence of cancer).
Birthday Calendars: The Bell Choir will be selling Birthday/Anniversary Calendars for 2021. They are $5.00 each with all proceeds going to The General Fund. To order your copy contact Sharon Tilstra at 472-2390, Mary Hoogers at 472-3097, the church office at 472-3729 or leave a note in Sharon and/or Mary’s church mailbox. The deadline to order is Dec 13. Calendars will be ready by January 1. Thank you in advance for your support.
Task Force Meeting Recommendations:
Morning worship will continue as we have been but with the following requests:
- That you sit in every other pew to create social distancing. Signs will be up to assist with this.
- We strongly recommend and encourage wearing masks when entering and exiting the service. We will make masks available.
- If you feel you are at risk, are not comfortable being in a crowd, or do not feel well we encourage you to stay home and watch on Livestream
- We are planning on a Thanksgiving Eve worship service on November 25 at 6:30 PM
- The children’s Christmas Program is still on for Sunday, December 6 at 4:00 PM
- The choir has decided to not hold the Christmas Cantata this year due to the recent outbreaks.
- We are planning on having our Christmas Eve worship service on December 24. However, we will hold TWO SERVICES, one at 4:00 PM and 6:30 PM and ask people to sign up for which service they want to attend.
*Meetings: Please call the church office (472-3729) to reserve a room. Please remember, social distancing should still be practiced. We also ask that the tables, chairs and door handles be wiped down with wipes provided in each room
Sunday 11-15-20 YTD Offerings YTD Budget
General Fund: $348,969.34 $ 1,385.00 $287,700.86
Benevolent Fund: $160,476.52 $ 3,150.00 $162,254.47
Building Fund: $ 0 $42,380.49 $72,627.71
SUNDAY: Sunday School Unit 18, Session 2: The Walls Rebuilt/God Protects His People through a Cupbearer
7 pm Moms in Prayer: Traditional
MONDAY: 12:00 Noon Quarterback Club in the Fellowship Hall
5:15 pm Moms in Prayer: College & Careers
TUESDAY: 9:15 am Staff Meeting
12:00 pm Mom’s in Prayer: Traditional
WEDNESDAY: 5:30 pm Moms in Prayer: Traditional
6:30pm Thanksgiving Worship Service
THURSDAY: 1:00 pm Grandmas in Prayer
DELIVERY ONLY 18th Annual Community Thanksgiving Meal
FRIDAY: 8:00 am Men’s Bible Study in 345
SUNDAY: Sunday School –Unit 18, Session 3: God’s People Repented/God Revives His People Through a Scribe
7:00 pm Moms in Prayer: Traditional