by: Valerie Sneller
- Pam Foster, Bob Dreke’s sister (coping with Huntington’s disease)
- Tanner Lincecum (pray that Tanner’s shunt will continue to work effectively)
- Lambert Van Olst (is currently in remission with leukemia)
- Karen De Noble, David De Noble’s mother (has been diagnosed with cancer; please pray for comfort as Karen goes through chemotherapy treatments)
- Thomas Bouwman, Tom & Sheryl Bouwman’s son (continues to make progress in physical therapy)
- Anita Dieren (continues to recover from heart surgery)
- Lyle Kahl (doctors considering immunotherapy as Lyle’s cancer has spread)
- Greyson Austin (is currently having a medical evaluation done at Mayo Clinic in Rochester)
- Caden Wright (please pray for Caden to remain healthy as he returns to school)
- Sharon Pap (see prayer update below)
- Janine De Bruin (pray for healing and recovery following a second surgery for Janine)
- Chuck Hoekstra (pray for healing and recovery from recent back surgery)
- Slate Stuerman, infant son of Scott & Kayla Stuerman (pray for Slate’s growth & healthy development; he remains in the NICU at Avera Medical Center in Sioux Falls)
- Talen Anderson (pray for recovery from hernia surgery on August 18)
- Gerald Postma (had surgery for a pacemaker on August 19; pray for healing and recovery)
- Ethan Hoefert (had back surgery on August 24; pray for healing)
- Bonnie Muller, MaryAnn Van Aartsen’s daughter (recently diagnosed with cancer)
- George Schneidermann (recovering from open heart surgery on September 23)
*Your prayers are also requested for the following individuals who are coping with cancer: Melissa Moser, (Kathy Moser’s daughter-in-law), Marilyn Kuyper (Ethanie Pulscher’s aunt; continues to be treated for cancer and is experiencing a lot of fatigue), Arlene Sterler, Robbie Korthals’ mother (Arlene’s cancer has moved to her lungs; pray for Arlene’s doctors to have wisdom as they care for her), Trish Lombard, Tara Bouwman’s mother (recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer), Vicki Van Houten, Judy Netten’s sister (Vicki has finished her chemotherapy treatment; she is now getting a preventive treatment that will finish in November), and Gail Hartter, Eric Hartter’s mother (has had a reoccurrence of cancer).
Prayer Update: Sharon Pap’s recent eye surgery was successful, and she is thankful.
Congratulations! to Jennifer Klarenbeek (daughter of Dale & Cori Klarenbeek) and Peter Kuipers who were married on September 26 in Sioux Center, IA. God bless you as you begin your life together!
Communion: Today we are celebrating the sacrament of Holy Communion. If you are a guest with us and are in good and right standing in your home church you are welcome to partake with us.
POSTPONED! At least 1 week and hopefully to resume on October 11, 2020, stay tuned for more information:
(Adult Choir Members & Friends! We will be starting choir practice today following services in the sanctuary. The practice will last until approximately 11:30 am. Our first performance will be October 25. All are welcome to join.)
Membership Class begins today in room 104 (9th Grade Classroom) immediately following worship.
NOMINATIONS FOR ELDER AND DEACON: Check your mailbox for nomination ballots and related information. Each communicant member can nominate two for Elder and three persons for Deacon. Please prayerfully consider this process as we enter a new season of life of the church. OCTOBER 11 IS THE DEADLINE TO TURN IN YOUR NOMINATIONS.
FRC Lost & Found: Please take time to look through the lost and found items in the church to retrieve anything that may be yours. (above the south coat rack) Anything left after Sunday, October 11 will be donated to ATLAS. Thank you
Attention All Care Elders! You are warmly invited to the Care Elders Fall Gathering on Tuesday, October 27, at 7:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall! Mark your calendars for this evening of learning, fellowship, and sharing about our ministry as Care Elders. Our training for the evening will be, “Walk a Mile in My Shoes”/What Makes Christian Care Distinctive?” We will use social distancing, and we will have some “packaged” treats for you. See you on October 27 at 7:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall!
Common Ground & Girl’s League: The FRC Girl’s League will be manning the Common Ground the 2nd Sunday of every month. They will have rolls available when they serve for a free-donation as a fundraiser to help cover their cost for projects and events.
Shopping Carts: The Food Theme for the month of October Bread of Life are as follows: Fruit snacks, Mac N Cheese/Easy Mac, and Peanut Butter. Help us shower our community with blessings.
Our Operation Christmas Child packing party is quickly approaching. Check out the table in the gathering space for supplies still needed. We will also need volunteers to help distribute the items at the packing party. Please let Amy Schulte know if you are interested. Thanks!
Inspiration Hills Live & Online Fall Auction: Friday, October 23rd 2020, doors open at 6:30 pm with the live & online auction beginning at 7:00 pm. Visit our website at www.inspirationhills.org to register for online bidding and viewing of the auction items.
The JFA Annual Meeting Fall Auction has been changed to October 29 with dinner beginning at 6:00 pm at the Parkview Event Center – Rock Valley. Please RSVP for the fun event by Oct 22, 2020. Dinner will be catered by Uncle Ed’s and an offering will be taken for JFA ministry.
The report from the Vision 2020 Committee has been released with their recommendations for how the Reformed Church should proceed into the future with its current conflicts. You can access it on the internet at https://www.rca.org/ or request a copy from the church office.
* Watch the website for additional updates and cancellations: rockrapidsfrc.org.
Nursery: The downstairs nursery is NOT staffed with volunteers but is open if you need a place to listen to the service and occupy your children. Thank you
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES: Bulletins are provided. We ask that your give your offering as you exit so that the money is not laying exposed in the plates during the service. We will continue to usher people in and out.
ALSO… please remember, social distancing should still be practiced by keeping group gatherings to small numbers depending on the room. We are asking that you call the church office to reserve a room. The rooms available include 345, the Children’s Center, and 107. We also ask that the tables, chairs and door handles be wiped down with wipes provided in each room. Please limit where you go in the building.
Offerings Sunday 9-27-20 Offerings to 9-27-20 Budget to 9-27-20
General Fund: $12,081.00 $241,812.36 $295,865.31
Benevolent Fund: $420.00 $127,578.51 $136,056.18
Building Fund: $0.00 $17,294.67 $61,575.15
Sunday School – 9/27/2020
Last Year’s Attendance: 137 Last week's Attendance: 85
Last Year’s Offering: $1,095.00 Last week's Offering: $88.25
*All events are subject to change
OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE WEEK
Sunday School -
Session 3: Daniel in the Lion’s Den/God’s Protection Sustains His People
MONDAY: 12:00 Noon Quarterback Club in the Fellowship Hall
TUESDAY: 9:15 am Staff Meeting
WEDNESDAY: 9-11 am MOPS
2:30 – 5:00 pm Club 512
5 – 6:30 pm Midweek Meal will be served. All are welcome!
6:30 pm JR RCYF
6:30 pm Hand Bell practice
7:30 Praise Team Practice
8:00 pm SR RCYF
THURSDAY: 7:00 pm Peace Circle in the Fellowship Hall
FRIDAY: 8:00 am Men’s Bible Study in 345
SATURDAY: Snyder/Johnson Wedding
SUNDAY: Sunday School –
Session 4: Daniel’s Dream/God’s Promise Sustains His People