by: Valerie Sneller
- Pam Foster, Bob Dreke’s sister (coping with Huntington’s disease)
- Tanner Lincecum (pray that Tanner’s shunt will continue to work effectively)
- Lambert Van Olst (is currently in remission with leukemia)
- Karen De Noble, David De Noble’s mother (has been diagnosed with cancer; please pray for comfort as Karen goes through chemotherapy treatments)
- Thomas Bouwman, Tom & Sheryl Bouwman’s son (continues to make progress in physical therapy)
- Anita Dieren (continues to recover from heart surgery)
- Greyson Austin (family asks for prayers while waiting for a second surgery in the future)
- Caden Wright (please pray for Caden to remain healthy as he returns to school)
- Janine De Bruin (continue to pray for healing after recent surgeries)
- Chuck Hoekstra (pray for healing and recovery from recent back surgery)
- Talen Anderson (pray for recovery from hernia surgery on August 18)
- Gerald Postma (had surgery for a pacemaker on August 19; pray for healing and recovery)
- Ethan Hoefert (had back surgery on August 24; pray for healing)
- Bonnie Muller, MaryAnn Van Aartsen’s daughter (recently diagnosed with cancer)
- George Schneidermann (recovering from open heart surgery on September 23)
- Jayme Van Wyhe (had double hip surgery on October 6; pray for healing & recovery)
- Paul Van Wyhe (pray for pain relief and best plan for treatment of Paul’s back injury)
*Your prayers are also requested for the following individuals who are coping with cancer: Melissa Moser, (Kathy Moser’s daughter-in-law), Marilyn Kuyper (Ethanie Pulscher’s aunt; continues to be treated for cancer and is experiencing a lot of fatigue), Arlene Sterler, Robbie Korthals’ mother (Arlene’s cancer has moved to her lungs; pray for Arlene’s doctors to have wisdom as they care for her), Trish Lombard, Tara Bouwman’s mother (recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer), Vicki Van Houten, Judy Netten’s sister (Vicki has finished her chemotherapy treatment; she is now getting a preventive treatment that will finish in November), and Gail Hartter, Eric Hartter’s mother (has had a reoccurrence of cancer).
Adult Choir Members & Friends! We will be starting choir practice/discussion following services in the sanctuary TODAY. The practice will last until approximately 11:30 am. Please bring your blue book or your folder to practice. We will be singing “Mighty God” on October 25. All are welcome to join.
Consistory meets this Wednesday evening, October 21. Elders and deacons meet separately at 6:30 PM and full Consistory at 7:00 PM.
Attention All Care Elders! You are warmly invited to the Care Elders Fall Gathering on Tuesday, October 27, at 7:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall! Mark your calendars for this evening of learning, fellowship, and sharing about our ministry as Care Elders. Our training for the evening will be, “Walk a Mile in My Shoes”/What Makes Christian Care Distinctive?” We will use social distancing, and we will have some “packaged” treats for you. See you on October 27 at 7:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall!
Common Ground & Girl’s League: The FRC Girl’s League will be serving at the Common Ground on October 25 and then the 2nd Sunday of every month following. They will have rolls available when they serve for a free-donation as a fundraiser to help cover their cost for projects and events. The rolls will be individually pre-wrapped.
Our Operation Christmas Child packing party is quickly approaching. Check out the table in the gathering space for supplies still needed. We will also need volunteers to help distribute the items at the packing party. Please let Amy Schulte know if you are interested. Thanks!
The JFA Annual Meeting Fall Auction has been changed to October 29 with dinner beginning at 6:00 pm at the Parkview Event Center – Rock Valley. Please RSVP for the fun event by Oct 22, 2020. Dinner will be catered by Uncle Ed’s and an offering will be taken for JFA ministry.
Inspiration Hills Live & Online Fall Auction: Friday, October 23rd 2020, doors open at 6:30 pm with the live & on-line auction beginning at 7:00 pm. Visit our website at www.inspirationhills.org to register for online bidding and viewing of the auction items.
* Watch the website for additional updates and cancellations: rockrapidsfrc.org.
Nursery: The downstairs nursery is NOT staffed with volunteers but is open if you need a place to listen to the service and occupy your children. Thank you
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES: Bulletins are provided. We ask that your give your offering as you exit so that the money is not laying exposed in the plates during the service. We will continue to usher people in and out.
ALSO… please remember, social distancing should still be practiced by keeping group gatherings to small numbers depending on the room. We are asking that you call the church office to reserve a room. The rooms available include 345, the Children’s Center, and 107. We also ask that the tables, chairs and door handles be wiped down with wipes provided in each room. Please limit where you go in the building.
Offerings Sunday 10-11-20 Offerings to 10-11-20 Budget to 10-11-20
General Fund: $6,122.00 $258,221.36 $311,037.89
Benevolent Fund: $650.00 $139,196.51 $143,033.42
Building Fund: $0.00 $37,294.67 $64,732.85
Sunday School – 10/11/2020
Last Year’s Attendance: 135 Last week's Attendance: 85
Last Year’s Offering: $142.00 Last week's Offering: $588.25
*All events are subject to change
OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE WEEK
Sunday School -
Session 1 – Obadiah the Prophet/The Vision of Future Justice
MONDAY: 12:00 Noon Quarterback Club in the Fellowship Hall
7:00 pm Circle of Kindness
TUESDAY: 9:15 Staff Meeting
Grace Circle (postponed to a later date)
WEDNESDAY: 9 – 11 am MOPS
6:30 pm Elder & Deacons meet separately with full Consistory at 7pm
2:30 – 5:00 pm Club 512
5 – 6:30 pm Midweek Meal will be served. All are welcome!
6:30 pm JR RCYF
6:15 pm Hand Bell practice
7:00 Praise Team Practice
8:00 pm SR RCYF
FRIDAY: 8:00 am Men’s Bible Study in 345
SUNDAY: Sunday School –
Session 2: The Captives Came Home/The Return of the Exiles