by: Valerie Sneller
• Pam Foster, Bob Dreke’s sister (coping with Huntington’s disease)
• Tanner Lincecum (pray that Tanner’s shunt will continue to work effectively)
• Lambert Van Olst (is currently in remission with leukemia)
• Karen De Noble, David De Noble’s mother (has been diagnosed with cancer; please pray for comfort as Karen goes through chemotherapy treatments)
• Thomas Bouwman, Tom & Sheryl Bouwman’s son (continues to make progress in physical therapy)
• Anita Dieren (was discharged from the hospital on July 23 and is recovering at home)
• Bruce Hasche (had prostate surgery on May 20; now recovering at home)
• Lyle Kahl (waiting with chemotherapy & working on regaining strength)
• Greyson Austin (pray that Greyson’s medication, Humira, will continue to be effective for him)
• Caden Wright (continues to recover at home from open-heart surgery)
• Neil Vik, Karen & Bob Reemts’ brother (recovering from prostate surgery; will have radiation treatments)
• Sacia Vik, Karen & Bob Reemts’ sister-in-law (recovering from shoulder surgery)
• Sharon Pap (had eye surgery on July 15 in Minneapolis; is recovering at home)
*Your prayers are also requested for the following individuals who are coping with cancer: Melissa Moser (Kathy Moser’s daughter-in-law), Marilyn Kuyper (Ethanie Pulscher’s aunt; continues to be treated for cancer and is experiencing a lot of fatigue), Arlene Sterler, Robbie Korthals’ mother (Arlene’s cancer has moved to her lungs; pray for Arlene’s doctors to have wisdom as they care for her), Trish Lombard, Tara Bouwman’s mother (recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer), Vicki Van Houten, Judy Netten’s sister (Vicki has finished her chemotherapy treatment; she is now getting a preventive treatment that will finish in November), and Gail Hartter, Eric Hartter’s mother (has had a reoccurrence of cancer).
Sympathy: We wish to extend our sympathy to Joyce Mellema on the death of her sister, Pearl Dyk, on July 24 in Sioux Falls. Pearl and her husband Clair were living at Primrose Assisted Living in Sioux Falls. Pearl’s funeral was held last Tuesday, July 28, at the Christian Reformed Church in Platte, South Dakota.
Thank You: Once again, we are grateful and humbled by the support of our First Reformed family. This recovery has been a little tougher due to complications and the pandemic, but we are certain that your prayers are what are getting us through. Please continue to pray for Caden to gain weight and his overall health as we enter the school year. We are forever thankful to all of you. The Wrights
Thank You: Thank you for the many thoughts and prayers given to me upon my sister Pearl’s passing. They were much appreciated. ~ Joyce Mellema
Next Sunday, August 9 we will be celebrating the sacrament of baptism.
ADVANCE NOTICE: Our church is collecting Christian Literature for use in spreading God’s word throughout the world. A list of acceptable and unacceptable material is included in the August Bridge to be sure your donation can be used. The donation list is also posted above the collection boxes which will be under the south coat rack from August 1 – August 24. Thank you for sharing your unused Christian material.
The report from the Vision 2020 Committee has been released with their recommendations for how the Reformed Church should proceed into the future with its current conflicts. You can access it on the internet at https://www.rca.org/ or request a copy from the church office.
* Watch the website for additional updates and cancellations: rockrapidsfrc.org.
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES:
Bulletins are now provided. We ask that your give your offering as you exit so that the money is not laying exposed in the plates during the service. We will continue to usher people in and out.
The Task Force has agreed to open up and allow small groups to meet for Bible Studies, Circles and other meetings. Social distancing should still be practiced by keeping group gatherings to small numbers depending on the room. We are asking that you call the church office to reserve a room. The rooms available include 345, the Children’s Center, and 107. We also ask that the tables, chairs and door handles be wiped down with wipes provided in each room. Please limit where you go in the building.
The Search Committee has posted the church profile on the Reformed Church in America’s website. They are receiving applications which will be evaluated and discerned.
Offerings Sunday 7-26-20 Offerings to 7-26-20 Budget to 7-26-20
General Fund: $5,402.00 $180,661.90 $227,588.70
Benevolent Fund: $50.00 $92,761.51 $104,658.60
Building Fund: $0.00 $13,278.67 $47,365.50
*All events are subject to change
OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE WEEK
10:00 am Mom Strong Bible study with Amy (last one)
7:00 pm Walk in Love in 345
8:00 am Men’s Bible Study in 345