by: Valerie Sneller
- Pam Foster, Bob Dreke’s sister (coping with Huntington’s disease)
- Tanner Lincecum (pray that Tanner’s shunt will continue to work effectively)
- Lambert Van Olst (is currently in remission with leukemia)
- Karen De Noble, David De Noble’s mother (has been diagnosed with cancer; please pray for comfort as Karen goes through chemotherapy treatments)
- Thomas Bouwman, Tom & Sheryl Bouwman’s son (continues to make progress in physical therapy)
- Anita Dieren (was discharged from the hospital on July 23 and is recovering at home)
- Bruce Hasche (had prostate surgery on May 20; now recovering at home)
- Lyle Kahl (waiting with chemotherapy & working on regaining strength)
- Greyson Austin (pray that Greyson’s medication, Humira, will continue to be effective for him)
- Caden Wright (continues to recover at home from open-heart surgery)
- Sharon Pap (is recovering at home from recent eye surgery)
- Janine De Bruin (scheduled for hip replacement surgery on August 12)
*Your prayers are also requested for the following individuals who are coping with cancer: Melissa Moser (Kathy Moser’s daughter-in-law), Marilyn Kuyper (Ethanie Pulscher’s aunt; continues to be treated for cancer and is experiencing a lot of fatigue), Arlene Sterler, Robbie Korthals’ mother (Arlene’s cancer has moved to her lungs; pray for Arlene’s doctors to have wisdom as they care for her), Trish Lombard, Tara Bouwman’s mother (recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer), Vicki Van Houten, Judy Netten’s sister (Vicki has finished her chemotherapy treatment; she is now getting a preventive treatment that will finish in November), and Gail Hartter, Eric Hartter’s mother (has had a reoccurrence of cancer).
Congratulations! to Scott and Kayla Stuerman on the birth of their son, Slate Leroy, on August 4. We rejoice with you on this special blessing in the life of your family!
Thank You: Thank you everyone for the prayers, cards, and calls due to my laser surgery for my eye. I will have a check up again on August 11 to check the pressure in my eye. Prayers are much appreciated. ~ Sharon Pap
Sympathy: We wish to extend our sympathy to Bryce and Courtney Vining and Mike & Shannon Klarenbeek on the death of Bryce and Courtney’s infant daughter, Hope Marie, on July 23, 2020.
Holy Baptism: This morning it is our joy and responsibility to administer baptism to Emmett Randall Bosch, son of Dustin and Taylor; Ryleigh Grace Grooters, daughter of Kyle and Emily; Natalie Rose Hunt, daughter of Bryce and Chelsea; and Raylee Kait Lenderlink, daughter of Brandon and Valerie.
“Doughnuts in the Park” MOPS of LYON COUNTY OPEN HOUSE on August 19, 2020 from 9-11am. MOPS of Lyon County is starting the year off with an Open House at Island Park playground by the pool. Come to register for the year and enjoy a doughnut. ALL moms are welcome no matter what age your kids are.
ADVANCE NOTICE: Our church is collecting Christian Literature for use in spreading God’s word throughout the world. A list of acceptable and unacceptable material is included in the August Bridge to be sure your donation can be used. The donation list is also posted above the collection boxes which will be under the south coat rack from August 1 – August 24. Thank you for sharing your gently used Christian material.
The report from the Vision 2020 Committee has been released with their recommendations for how the Reformed Church should proceed into the future with its current conflicts. You can access it on the internet at https://www.rca.org/ or request a copy from the church office.
* Watch the website for additional updates and cancellations: rockrapidsfrc.org.
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES:
Bulletins are now provided. We ask that your give your offering as you exit so that the money is not laying exposed in the plates during the service. We will continue to usher people in and out.
The Task Force has agreed to open up and allow small groups to meet for Bible Studies, Circles and other meetings. Social distancing should still be practiced by keeping group gatherings to small numbers depending on the room. We are asking that you call the church office to reserve a room. The rooms available include 345, the Children’s Center, and 107. We also ask that the tables, chairs and door handles be wiped down with wipes provided in each room. Please limit where you go in the building.
The Search Committee has posted the church profile on the Reformed Church in America’s website. They are receiving applications which will be evaluated and discerned.
On August 5, the team at Bible League International recommended that we cancel all September conference/retreat events due to pandemic concerns. We would like you to know the Spreading the Fragrance of Life events on September 14-15 in Sioux Center, have been canceled.
Offerings Sunday 8-2-20 Offerings to 8-2-20 Budget to 8-2-20
General Fund: $4,598.95 $185,260.85 $235,174.99
Benevolent Fund: $10,892.00 $103,653.51 $108,147.22
Building Fund: $0.00 $13,278.67 $48,944.35
*All events are subject to change
OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE WEEK
9:15 am Staff Meeting
8:00 am Men’s Bible Study in 345
6-8 Pool Party & Registration (no meal)