by: Valerie Sneller
- Pam Foster, Bob Dreke’s sister (coping with Huntington’s disease)
- Tanner Lincecum (pray that Tanner’s shunt will continue to work effectively)
- Lambert Van Olst (is currently in remission with leukemia)
- Karen De Noble, David De Noble’s mother (has been diagnosed with cancer; please pray for comfort as Karen goes through chemotherapy treatments)
- Thomas Bouwman, Tom & Sheryl Bouwman’s son (continues to make progress in physical therapy)
- Anita Dieren (continues to recover from heart surgery)
- Greyson Austin (family asks for prayers while waiting for a second surgery in the future)
- Caden Wright (please pray for Caden to remain healthy as he attends school)
- Janine De Bruin (continue to pray for healing after recent surgeries)
- Chuck Hoekstra (pray for healing and recovery from recent back surgery)
- Gerald Postma (had surgery for a pacemaker on August 19; pray for healing and recovery)
- Ethan Hoefert (had back surgery on August 24; pray for healing)
- Bonnie Muller, MaryAnn Van Aartsen’s daughter (recently diagnosed with cancer)
- George Schneidermann (recovering from open heart surgery on September 23)
- Jayme Van Wyhe (had double hip surgery on October 6; pray for healing & recovery)
- Paul Van Wyhe (thankful for relief from pain and effective treatment of his back injury; pray for continued healing)
- Ashley Schwartze (scheduled for carpal tunnel surgery on October 22)
*Your prayers are also requested for the following individuals who are coping with cancer: Melissa Moser, (Kathy Moser’s daughter-in-law), Marilyn Kuyper (Ethanie Pulscher’s aunt; continues to be treated for cancer and is experiencing a lot of fatigue), Arlene Sterler, Robbie Korthals’ mother (Arlene’s cancer has moved to her lungs; pray for Arlene’s doctors to have wisdom as they care for her), Trish Lombard, Tara Bouwman’s mother (recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer), Vicki Van Houten, Judy Netten’s sister (Vicki has finished her chemotherapy treatment; she is now getting a preventive treatment that will finish in November), and Gail Hartter, Eric Hartter’s mother (has had a reoccurrence of cancer).
Sympathy: We wish to extend our sympathy to Evan and Linda De Boer on the death of Evan’s brother, Merle De Boer, on Friday, October 16, 2020. A graveside service for Merle was held on Tuesday, October 20, at the Memory Gardens Cemetery in Sioux Center, IA.
Dear First Reformed Church family, I have been overwhelmed with your support while I recovered from my surgeries, the cards, texts, gift cards, visits, meals and prayers are all appreciated so much. It feels so good to belong to a church family like this. Thanks again, Janine DeBruin
Thank you: We would like to thank everyone for their thoughts, cards, and prayers for the sudden passing of my brother, Merle De Boer, of Sioux Center. His funeral was Oct. 20. ~ Evan and Linda De Boer
Women’s Executive Committee Meeting in room 345 at 7:00 pm on Monday, October 26, 2020.
Attention All Care Elders! You are warmly invited to the Care Elders Fall Gathering on Tuesday, October 27, at 7:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall! Mark your calendars for this evening of learning, fellowship, and sharing about our ministry as Care Elders. Our training for the evening will be, “Walk a Mile in My Shoes”/What Makes Christian Care Distinctive?” We will use social distancing, and we will have some “packaged” treats for you. See you on October 27 at 7:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall!
Hope Haven’s 56th Annual Society Meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at 5:00 pm. This year’s meeting will be held virtually. To attend, please visit this link: hopehaven.org/society-meeting. This will send you a link to the meeting for October 27. Society members will have the opportunity to elect Board members, review recent audit and budgets, and receive the annual report on the ministry of Hope Haven. Hope Haven is a society owned agency; therefore, you are encouraged to exercise your membership and become involved in the business of Hope Haven.
NOTE: Next weekend Daylight Savings Time Ends, you must set your clocks back 1 hour. November 1, 2020
Our Operation Christmas Child packing party is quickly approaching. Check out the table in the gathering space for supplies still needed. We will also need volunteers to help distribute the items at the packing party. Please let Amy Schulte know if you are interested. Thanks!
* Watch the website for additional updates and cancellations: rockrapidsfrc.org.
Nursery: The downstairs nursery is NOT staffed with volunteers but is open if you need a place to listen to the service and occupy your children. Thank you
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES: Bulletins are provided. We ask that your give your offering as you exit so that the money is not laying exposed in the plates during the service. We will continue to usher people in and out.
ALSO… please remember, social distancing should still be practiced by keeping group gatherings to small numbers depending on the room. We are asking that you call the church office to reserve a room. The rooms available include 345, the Children’s Center, and 107. We also ask that the tables, chairs and door handles be wiped down with wipes provided in each room. Please limit where you go in the building.
Offerings Sunday 10-18-20 Offerings to 10-18-20 Budget to 10-18-20
General Fund: $5,032.50 $263,253.86 $318,624.18 Benevolent Fund: $7,254.00 $146,450.51 $143,033.42
Building Fund: $0.00 $37,294.67 $66,311.70
Sunday School – 10/18/2020
Last Year’s Attendance: 135 Last week's Attendance: 105
Last Year’s Offering: $142.00 Last week's Offering: $88.00
*All events are subject to change
OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE WEEK
SUNDAY: Sunday School -
Session 2: The Captives Came Home/The Return of the Exiles
12:00 Noon Quarterback Club in the Fellowship Hall
7:00 pm Women’s Executive Committee Meeting in 345
7:00 pm Care Elder Meeting in the Fellowship Hall
2:30 – 5:00 pm Club 512
5 – 6:30 pm Midweek Meal will be served. All are welcome!
6:30 pm JR RCYF
6:15 pm Hand Bell practice
7:00 Praise Team Practice
8:00 pm SR RCYF
1:00 pm Grandmas in Prayer in the chapel
8:00 am Men’s Bible Study in 345
SUNDAY: Sunday School –
Session 3: The Temple was Rebuilt/The Rebuilding of the Temple
NOTE: Daylight Savings Time Ends – Set Your Clocks Back 1 hour