by: Ashley Pena
Thank You: Thank you to everyone who was involved with the wonderful Christmas caroling! Also thank you for all the prayers, thoughts and kind gestures during Gordy’s healing journey!- Sue & Gordy Faber
Thank You: Thank you to my church family once again for your support in the loss of my brother-in-law, Bruce Leonard. This happened rather suddenly, but he went peacefully, so I am thankful for that.- Mary Hoogers
Thank You: To all the carolers who caroled this past week. Thank you for bring the joy of Christmas during this unusual year. There were six groups (approximately 40 people) that caroled to 60+ individuals. These numbers do not include the group that had to cancel out on Wednesday night due to the weather. You all are a blessing! God was truly at work as it was a memorable time for the carolers and for the people who were caroled to. Thank you and God bless each one of you!- Dwayne & Sharon Postma
Thank you: Thank you to the youth group and Dwayne & Sharon Postma for the beautiful Christmas caroling at my home. -Ruth Hocking
Sympathy: We extend our sympathy to Ev Breuer, Jean Fick, and their families in the unexpected death of their sister, Darlene Wallenburg, on Monday, December 21. Darlene’s funeral was held Saturday, December 26, in Hull.
Sympathy: We extend our sympathy to Pete and Von Pettengill on the death of Pete’s father, Roscoe Pettengill, on December 21 at the Rock Rapids Health Center.
Joy Circle: Please note we will not be meeting until further notice. We will, however, be collecting our yearly dues of $5.00. You can place your dues in Darlene or Mary’s church mailbox.
Thank you. ~Darlene Aeilts and Mary Hoogers
Sunday, January 10, 2021 will be the installation and ordination of new Consistory members.
Your Consistory officers for 2021 are: John Metzger, Vice President; Matt Kock, Clerk; Jerry
Pytleski, Chair of Deacons; and Bryce Hunt, Clerk of Deacons
FYI: Next consistory meeting will be January 20, 2021
* Pastor Dan and Sue will be on vacation this week. Please contact your care elder or John Metzger for any pastoral needs.
Prayer Updates: Karen De Noble- has completed her chemotherapy treatments. She will complete testing at a later date to check for a reoccurrence. Trish Lombard - Trish’s family asks for continued prayers as Trish’s chemotherapy options are finished. Pray for Trish and her family to experience God’s peace during the weeks ahead. Melissa Moser – had surgery in Iowa City on November 13. Please pray for recovery from surgery. Shelly Axsom, Ashley Schwartze's mother, has recovered well from surgery.
- Tanner Lincecum (pray that Tanner’s shunt will continue to work effectively)
- Pam Foster, Bob Dreke’s sister (coping with Huntington’s disease)
- Thomas Bouwman, Tom & Sheryl Bouwman’s son (continues to make progress in physical therapy)
- Greyson Austin (family asks for prayers while waiting for a second surgery in the future)
- Caden Wright (please pray for Caden to remain healthy as he attends school)
- Ashley Schwartze (recovering from her second carpal tunnel surgery)
*Your prayers are also requested for the following individuals who are coping with cancer: Marilyn Kuyper (Ethanie Pulscher’s aunt; recent tests showed that Marilyn’s cancer has grown a small amount; treatment now includes a new type of drug).
Arlene Sterler, Robbie Korthals’ mom, continues to fight cancer and is currently receiving immunotherapy. Gail Hartter (Eric Hartter’s mother, has had a reoccurrence of cancer).
Task Force Meeting Recommendations:
Morning worship will continue but with the following requests:
- That you sit in every other pew to create social distancing. Signs will be up to assist with this, we strongly recommend and encourage wearing masks when entering and exiting the service. We will make masks available, If you feel you are at risk, are not comfortable being in a crowd, or do not feel well we encourage you to stay home and watch on Livestream
- Please Call Church Office to reserve Meeting Rooms
Pastor Dan and Sue’s Retirement Celebration Information:
Help us celebrate their years of ministry and express our appreciation to Pastor Dan and Sue for all they have done to encourage, lead, teach and disciple.
Special Dates to Remember:
- January 24 - Retirement celebration service during the entire service and meal afterwards
- January 31 - snow date if needed for January 24
If you have any questions, please contact a committee member: Sharon Postma, Audra Klinkenborg, Cody Hoefert, Susan VanWyhe, Cheryl VanBeek, George Schneidermann, Amy Hartter, Shari Kastein.