by: Valerie Sneller
- Pam Foster, Bob Dreke’s sister (coping with Huntington’s disease)
- Tanner Lincecum (pray that Tanner’s shunt will continue to work effectively)
- Lambert Van Olst (is currently in remission with leukemia)
- Karen De Noble, David De Noble’s mother (has been diagnosed with cancer; please pray for comfort as Karen goes through chemotherapy treatments)
- Thomas Bouwman, Tom & Sheryl Bouwman’s son (continues to make progress in physical therapy)
- Anita Dieren (continues to recover from heart surgery)
- Lyle Kahl (doctors considering immunotherapy as Lyle’s cancer has spread)
- Greyson Austin (see prayer update below)
- Caden Wright (please pray for Caden to remain healthy as he returns to school)
- Sharon Pap (was scheduled for an eye evaluation and possible surgery on September 23 in Minneapolis)
- Janine De Bruin (pray for healing and recovery following a second surgery for Janine)
- Chuck Hoekstra (pray for healing and recovery from recent back surgery)
- Slate Stuerman, infant son of Scott & Kayla Stuerman (pray for Slate’s growth & healthy development; he remains in the NICU at Avera Medical Center in Sioux Falls)
- Talen Anderson (pray for recovery from hernia surgery on August 18)
- Gerald Postma (had surgery for a pacemaker on August 19; pray for healing and recovery)
- Ethan Hoefert (had back surgery on August 24; pray for healing)
- Bonnie Muller, MaryAnn Van Aartsen’s daughter (recently diagnosed with cancer)
- George Schneidermann (recovering from open heart surgery on September 23)
*Your prayers are also requested for the following individuals who are coping with cancer: Melissa Moser, (Kathy Moser’s daughter-in-law), Marilyn Kuyper (Ethanie Pulscher’s aunt; continues to be treated for cancer and is experiencing a lot of fatigue), Arlene Sterler, Robbie Korthals’ mother (Arlene’s cancer has moved to her lungs; pray for Arlene’s doctors to have wisdom as they care for her), Trish Lombard, Tara Bouwman’s mother (recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer), Vicki Van Houten, Judy Netten’s sister (Vicki has finished her chemotherapy treatment; she is now getting a preventive treatment that will finish in November), and Gail Hartter, Eric Hartter’s mother (has had a reoccurrence of cancer).
Prayer Update: Greyson Austin will have appointments at Mayo Clinic on Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 28 and 29, and also on October 5 and 6 to complete an evaluation. We rejoice that Greyson, now 18, is feeling well and is tolerating his Humira injections every 2 weeks at home. We thank you for your many prayers, and we seek your continued prayers for Greyson. --With our gratitude and love, the family of Greyson
Next Sunday we will celebrate the sacrament of Holy Communion in our morning worship.
Adult Choir Members & Friends! We will be starting choir practice on October 4 following services in the sanctuary. The practice will last until approximately 11:30 am. Our first performance will be October 25. All are welcome to join.
NOMINATIONS FOR ELDER AND DEACON: Check your mailbox for nomination ballots and related information. Each communicant member can nominate two for Elder and three persons for Deacon. Please prayerfully consider this process as we enter a new season of life of the church. OCTOBER 11 IS THE DEADLINE TO TURN IN YOUR NOMINATIONS.
A Membership class will be offered starting on Sunday, October 4 after worship in room 200 for all those interested. Please let me know if you are coming so we can make up study guides. Pastor Dan
FRC Lost & Found: Please take time to look through the lost and found items in the church to retrieve anything that may be yours. (above the south coat rack) Anything left after Sunday, October 11 will be donated to ATLAS. Thank you
From the Deacons: It is preferred that you separate your checks that are to be issued to different funds for the collection on Sundays as it can be difficult splitting checks with accuracy. Thank you!
Shopping Carts: The Food Theme for the month of October Bread of Life are as follows: Fruit snacks, Mac N Cheese/Easy Mac, and Peanut Butter. Help us shower our community with blessing.
Our Operation Christmas Child packing party is quickly approaching. Check out the table in the gathering space for supplies still needed. We will also need volunteers to help distribute the items at the packing party. Please let Amy Schulte know if you are interested. Thanks!
Inspiration Hills Live & Online Fall Auction: Friday, October 23rd 2020, doors open at 6:30 pm with the live & online auction beginning at 7:00 pm. Visit our website at www.inspirationhills.org to register for online bidding and viewing of the auction items.
CORNERSTONE PRISON CHURCH, SIOUX FALLS, SD: We want to thank you for your prayer support and financial support in the past and recently. We ask that you keep this church in your prayers as we look to a transition in leadership as Pastor Doug and Lee have accepted a call to the Rock Rapids CRC beginning October 1, 2020. We thank them for their years of service to this church behind the walls of the SDSP and wish them God's blessing. We also ask that God will lead us to find the right person to fill the position of lead pastor at Cornerstone. ~ Ambassador Board of Cornerstone Prison Church.
The report from the Vision 2020 Committee has been released with their recommendations for how the Reformed Church should proceed into the future with its current conflicts. You can access it on the internet at https://www.rca.org/ or request a copy from the church office.
* Watch the website for additional updates and cancellations: rockrapidsfrc.org.
Nursery: The downstairs nursery is NOT staffed with volunteers but is open if you need a place to listen to the service and occupy your children. Thank you
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES: Bulletins are provided. We ask that your give your offering as you exit so that the money is not laying exposed in the plates during the service. We will continue to usher people in and out.
ALSO… please remember, social distancing should still be practiced by keeping group gatherings to small numbers depending on the room. We are asking that you call the church office to reserve a room. The rooms available include 345, the Children’s Center, and 107. We also ask that the tables, chairs and door handles be wiped down with wipes provided in each room. Please limit where you go in the building.
Offerings Sunday 9-20-20 Offerings to 9-20-20 Budget to 9-20-20
General Fund: $13,186.01 $229,731.36 $288,279.02
Benevolent Fund: $4,486.00 $127,158.51 $132,567.56
Building Fund: $0.00 $17,294.67 $59,996.30
Sunday School – 9/20/2020
Last Year’s Attendance: 122 Last week's Attendance: 88
Last Year’s Offering: $725.00 Last week's Offering: $137.00
*All events are subject to change
OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE WEEK
SUNDAY: Sunday School -
Session 2: Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream/God’s Authority Sustains His People
12:00 Noon Quarterback Club in the Fellowship Hall
2:30 – 5:00 pm Club 512
5 – 6:30 pm Midweek Meal will be served. All are welcome!
6:30 pm Hand Bell practice
CL Homecoming Coronation
8:00 am Men’s Bible Study in 345
SUNDAY: Holy Communion
Sunday School –
Session 3: Daniel in the Lion’s Den/God’s Protection Sustains His People