by: Valerie Sneller
It is our joy to hear the professions of faith made by Karsyn Altman, Jamie Vande Weerd, Jaina Groen, Kadence Boender, Dionne Jansma, Brett Dieron, Jacob Pytleski, Nate Springer, Carter Iwen, Cael Schulte, Mitch Warntjes, and Dauson Heitritter. Dauson will also receive the sacrament of baptism!
Thank You: Thank you to Tom and Sheryl Bouwman and their family for Christmas Caroling. It was very nice and appreciated. ~Ruth Hocking
Joy Circle: Please note we will not be meeting until further notice. We will, however, be collecting our yearly dues of $5.00. You can place your dues in Darlene or Mary’s church mailbox.
Thank you. ~Darlene Aeilts and Mary Hoogers
Prayer Updates: Karen De Noble- has completed her chemotherapy treatments. She will complete testing at a later date to check for a reoccurrence. Trish Lombard - Trish’s family asks for continued prayers as Trish’s chemotherapy options are finished. Pray for Trish and her family to experience God’s peace during the weeks ahead. Melissa Moser – had surgery in Iowa City on November 13. Please pray for recovery from surgery. Shelly Axsom, Ashley Schwartze's mother, has recovered well from surgery.
- Tanner Lincecum (pray that Tanner’s shunt will continue to work effectively)
- Pam Foster, Bob Dreke’s sister (coping with Huntington’s disease)
- Thomas Bouwman, Tom & Sheryl Bouwman’s son (continues to make progress in physical therapy)
- Greyson Austin (family asks for prayers while waiting for a second surgery in the future)
- Caden Wright (please pray for Caden to remain healthy as he attends school)
*Your prayers are also requested for the following individuals who are coping with cancer: Marilyn Kuyper (Ethanie Pulscher’s aunt; recent tests showed that Marilyn’s cancer has grown a small amount; treatment now includes a new type of drug). Arlene Sterler, Robbie Korthals’ mom, continues to fight cancer. Vicki Van Houten Judy Netten's sister, has finished her preventive treatment following chemotherapy. Vicki is doing well. and Gail Hartter (Eric Hartter’s mother, has had a reoccurrence of cancer).
SURVEY: The Consistory is sending out a brief survey on Flocknote as a follow up to Pastor Dan’s sermon series regarding the conflict in the Reformed Church in America. The survey will be sent out tomorrow, Monday, December 14, and is due back by the following Monday, December 21. IF YOU ARE NOT ON FLOCKNOTE, please request a paper survey with the church office and one will be provided by mail, in your mail box, or for pick up. Please return by December 21 to the church office. THIS IS NOT A VOTE. We are only gathering information. Thank you.
Task Force Meeting Recommendations:
Morning worship will continue but with the following requests:
- That you sit in every other pew to create social distancing. Signs will be up to assist with this, we strongly recommend and encourage wearing masks when entering and exiting the service. We will make masks available, If you feel you are at risk, are not comfortable being in a crowd, or do not feel well we encourage you to stay home and watch on Livestream
- We are planning on having our Christmas Eve worship service on December 24. However, we will hold TWO SERVICES, one at 4:00 PM and 6:30 PM and ask people to sign up for which service they want to attend. Deadline for signing up is Sunday December 20! Register online or in the gathering space.
- Please Call Church Office to reserve Meeting Rooms
Pastor Dan and Sue’s Retirement Celebration Information:
Help us celebrate their years of ministry and express our appreciation to Pastor Dan and Sue for all they have done to encourage, lead, teach and disciple
Special Dates to Remember:
- January 24 - Retirement celebration service during the entire service and meal afterwards
- January 31 - snow date if needed for January 24
If you have any questions, please contact a committee member: Sharon Postma, Audra Klinkenborg, Cody Hoefert, Susan VanWyhe, Cheryl VanBeek, George Schneidermann, Amy Hartter, Shari Kastein.
Don and Doris Calkins
1478 Creekwood Drive
New Richard, WI 54017
Sunday, January 10, 2021 will be the installation and ordination of new Consistory members.
Your Consistory officers for 2021 are: John Metzger, Vice President; Matt Kock, Clerk; Jerry Pytleski, Chair of Deacons; and Bryce Hunt, Clerk of Deacons
FYI: Next consistory meeting will be January 20, 2021
* We will only be live streaming the 4:00pm Christmas Eve service*
Sunday School 12-13-20
Last Year’s Attendance: 149 Last Week’s Attendance: 71
Last Year’s Offering: $ 150 Last Week’s Offering: $73
SUNDAY: Sunday School – Unit 19: Session 1 From Adam to Jesus/Jesus is the Last Adam
7:00 pm Moms in Prayer: Traditional
5:15 pm Moms in Prayer: College & Careers
12:00 pm Mom’s in Prayer: Traditional
5:30 pm Moms in Prayer Traditional
6:15 pm Bells Practice
7:00 pm Praise Team Practice
Church office closed
1:00 pm Grandmas in Prayer
Christmas Eve service 4pm & 6:30pm
FRIDAY: Church office closed
NO SUNDAY SCHOOL
7:00 pm Moms in Prayer: Traditional