THE PLAN FULFILLED
Introduction: Our Advent series reveals the Problem, the Promise, the Plan and now the Pronouncement of the arrival of a “Savior, Christ the Lord”. The one sentence hymn of Luke 2:14 reveals what God is doing and why.
- I.FOR THE GLORY OF GOD
- A.God Creates Us For His Glory
- 1.To bring glory is to “display, mirror, reflect”
- 2.Is God an egomaniac?
“God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him”. John Piper
- B.We Exchange God’s Glory for Substitutes (Romans 1:25)
- 1.God made us to rely on Him and reflect His glory
- 2.We rely on ourselves and seek our own glory
- C.Salvation is to Redeem Us and Realign Us With the Lord’s Purpose
- II.FOR THE PEACE OF THE HUMAN RACE
- A.Peace (Shalom) With God
- 1.Peace with God
- 2.Peace with ourselves
- B.Peace In Relationships
- 1.There is no peace with other until there is peace within
- 2.There is no peace within until we have peace with God
Conclusion: Glory and peace go together and they are only found in the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.