HOW TO MAKE COMMITMENTS
Joshua 24:14-15; Luke 14:25-30
Introduction: Commitment is a defining characteristic of life. Quality relationships are founded on the rock of commitment. The Bible reveals to us how to make and live promises that guide us.
- I.COMMIMENT COUNTS THE COST (Luke 14:28-30)
- A.Commitment Comes With A Price
- B.What Are the Costs of Making Promises to a Spouse and Children?
- C.Is It Worth It?
- II.COMMITMENT SETS PRIORITIES (Luke 14:26-27)
- A.Determine What Is Most Important
- B.Taking Vows Places Us Under Obligation
- C.Commitment Is To Make An Appointment To Be There in the Future
- III.COMMITMENT FOCUSES (Joshua 26:14-15)
- A.Have a Vision/Goal to Work Toward
- B.Be Single-Minded
Conclusion: Every Commitment in life will be tested. We make our commitments and our commitments and our commitments make us. Every godly commitment flows from God’s Commitment and promise to us.