HOW GOD USES OUR SUFFERINGS
Introduction: The theme of this passage is the benefits of faith in Jesus which include: being justified, having peace with God, having access to God, purpose in suffering, knowing God’s love, and eternal security. Today we want to focus on the ways God uses suffering in the life of faith.
- I.SUFFERING IS COMMON TO US ALL
- A.Defined: Pressure and Distress
- Denial or minimizing of suffering
- Rejoicing for the suffering
- II.HOW GOD USES OUR SUFFERING TO PRODUCE MATURITY
- A.Perseverance: Developing Patience and Endurance
- B.Character: Formation of the likeness of Christ and the Fruit of the Spirit
- C.Hope: Pain directs us to fix our ultimate hope in Jesus and not the things of this world.
- III.ATTITUDES THAT COUNTERACT GOD’S PURPOSE
Conclusion: Suffering still remains a great mystery. With what you are struggling with in life today? How can you and I trust in and cooperate with God in our sufferings?